Crispy pizza crust with toppings cheese or meat
For the pizza dough you will need:
200 g plain flour
100 g stoneground strong wholemeal flour
12 g fresh yeast
195 ml lukewarm water
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large bowl mix the two flours and salt together.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 3 tbsp of warm water.
3. Add yeast, water to the flour. Mix well.
4. Start to knead. Knead for 6 to 8 mins.
5. Cover with tea towel and let it rise to double it's size (about 30 to 45 mins).
For the tomato sauce you will need:
500 g ripe tomatoes
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried thyme
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Core the tomatoes and blend them in a blender with the onion and garlic.
2. Add olive oil and tomato into the pan, season with herbs and bring to boil.
3. Cover with a lid, reduce to simmer and gently cook for 30 to 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
1. Gently knead out the air from the dough, adding the 1 tbsp olive oil.
2. Cut the dough in half and roll out the first one. Leave the sides a bit thicker than the inner part.
3. Spread the tomato pasta and arrange the toppings:
- Pizza mozzarella di bufala one ball of mozzarella, sliced and few cherry tomatoes, halved;
- Pizza with prosciutto Italian riserva prosciutto crudo (preservative free, like Unearthed), few cherry tomatoes, halved and a little grated Cheddar cheese, about a tbsp;
5. Bake them in preheated oven at 220 C until crust is crisp. Enjoy!
Allergy: Gluten, Dairy, Yeast. No egg. No nut.
Please note, mozzarella is not a vegetarian cheese, it is made using animal rennet.
Tips: Kids love pizza (who doesn't, honestly), cut into strips for little hands.
More pizza topping ideas:
Mozzarella with olives and pepper
Tuna and olives pizza
Feta and avocado pizza