Moist, soft chicken breast with spinach and coconut
You will need (feeds 2 to 3):
2 chicken breast fillet
250 g young spinach leaves
2 heaped tbsp creamed coconut
freshly ground black pepper
2 fat cloves of garlic
0.5 cm fresh ginger
1. Cut chicken breast fillets into cubes. Heat a thick bottomed pan on medium heat. Add chicken breast pieces, immediately cover with a lid. Let it steam in its juice for 5 to 7 mins.
2. Add minced garlic and ginger, and a good pinch of black pepper. Toss with a spatula for a minute or two.
3. Dissolve the creamed coconut in warm water, in about 100 ml or so, then add to the chicken. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and gently cook for 5 mins, covered.
4. Put spinach leaves on top, put the lid back and let the spinach soften (about 2 to 3 more mins).
5. Serve hot with plain rice, quinoa rice, lentil rice or kichadi. Enjoy!
For GAPS and PALEO: Serve with cauli rice or cauli mash.