Doughnuts baked in the oven
You will need:
125 g plain flour
125 g stoneground strong wholemeal flour
pinch of salt
25 g butter
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (coconut blossom nectar)
1 tbsp xylitol
15 g fresh yeast
150 ml milk / almond milk
blackcurrant preserve (no cane sugar, St. Dalfour for example)
1. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk with a pinch of coconut palm sugar.
2. Mix the two flours, add the salt and rub in the butter.
3. Add sugars, mix, then add egg and milk mixture. Mix.
4. Knead for 6 to 8 mins.
5. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise to double its size.
6. Gently press the air out, then roll the dough out to 1 - 1.5 cm thick, and cut out the doughnuts with a round shape. Press the end of the rolling pin into the middle of each doughnut.
7. Place doughnuts onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place 1 scant tsp blackcurrant preserve into each hole.
8. Bake doughnuts in preheated oven at 170 C for 20 mins.
9. Cool them on wire rack. Enjoy!
Allergy: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Yeast. No cane or beet sugar.