Eat well and feel good with this healthy vegan plate
This is my eat well plate I often make and enjoy: rice, beans, veg and seeds. It is low in fat but high in fibre. It is gluten-free and 100% plant based, protein loaded nature's goodness. It is tasty and keeps you full for longer.
You will need:
3/4 cup brown rice mix
1/4 cup quinoa
1 cup broad beans
2 medium sweet potatoes
purple sprouting broccoli
4 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Wash the rice mix (brown long grain, red Camargue and wild rice) well in plenty of water, several times. Drain through a sieve, put it in a pan, add the washed and drained quinoa and 2 1/2 cups of water. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat, put the lid on and gently simmer for about 35 to 40 mins. Set aside and let it stand for 5 mins.
2. Meanwhile peel the sweet potato, cut into cubes. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with ground cumin, mix thoroughly, arrange in a single layer on a baking tray covered with baking paper and roast in a preheated oven at 200 C for about 20 mins.
3. Take the beans out of their pods. Pop them in boiling water and gently simmer for 5 mins.
4. Steam the purple sprouting broccoli until tender, about 8 to 10 mins.
5. Gently roast the seeds in a dry pan then mix with the roasted sweet potato.
6. Fluff the rice up with a fork. Serve onto plate(s), add sweet potato, beans and broccoli. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No soy. No animal.