Dark chocolate medallions flavoured with Cardamom and Pistachio
When dark chocolate and cardamom meet something really exciting happens, they blend in so nicely like they were born for each other.
You will need (makes 25 medallions):
100 g dark chocolate (vegan*, minimum 73% coca)
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
a wee pinch of sea salt
small handful of pistachio nuts, unroasted and unsalted
1. Heat a pan on medium-low heat. Shell the pistachios, put the nuts into the pan and gently toast till some nuts get light browning here and there. Let them cool, rub the skin off, then crush the lightly toasted nuts in a mortar or chop them with a knife on the chopping board.
2. In a small saucepan put some water to boil. When gently simmering put a stainless steel or a heat resistant glass bowl on top (the bottom must not touch the water).
3. Put half of the chocolate buttons or chocolate bar pieces into the bowl. Gentry stir with a silicone spatula until all just melted. Take it off the heat, stir in the ground cardamom, the sea salt, and add the rest of the chocolate buttons and gently stir to melt all the choc.
4. With a teaspoon spoon onto a silicone macaron mat**. Make all the 25 medallions first.
5. Sprinkle the medallions with the crushed pistachio.
6. Let them cool completely. When they are no longer shiny, and the surface is matte pop the tray into the refrigerator for 25 to 30 mins or until serving.
7. Gently lift the medallions with a decorating spatula or knife. Serve, share and enjoy!
[*] Cocoa Loco Organic Dark Chocolate Buttons (100 g)
INGREDIENTS: Dark Chocolate containing cocoa solids 73% minimum
(cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla powder).
[**] Tip: If you don't have a silicone macaron mat, no problem, just use the teaspoon to form rounds on a tray lined with baking paper.
Allergy: Nut. No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No soya.
You may also like:
Dark Chocolate Medallions - Raspberry and Rose