Eat well and feel good with plant-based feast
• tricolour quinoa
• red lentil dal
• steamed purple sprouting broccoli
• sweet and sour carrot salad
For the tricolour quinoa you will need:
1 cup quinoa mix (white, red, black)
1. Wash the quinoa well. Drain.
2. Put quinoa in a pan. Add 2 cups of water. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 10 to 12 mins.
4. Take the quinoa off the heat and let it stand for 5 mins.
For the red lentil dal you will need:
1 cup red lentils
1 tsp coconut oil
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
1/3 tsp whole coriander seeds
1. Wash the red lentils well, until the water stays clear in the bowl. Drain.
2. Melt the coconut oil. Add bay leaf and seeds, and fry on medium heat for a minute or two.
3. Add the red lentils, mix well with the seeds. Add 3 cups of filtered water and bring to boil.
4. Reduce to simmer, put a lid on and gently cook for 15 to 20 mins.
For the purple sprouting broccoli steam the broccoli for 8 to 10 mins.
For the sweet and sour carrot salad you will need:
2 medium carrots
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp agave nectar
2 tbsp dried sour cherries (or raisins)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp whole hazelnuts
pinch of ground cumin
1. Wash and peel the carrots, then cut into julienne strips.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar and the agave nectar. Let it stand for 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile soak the sour cherries (or raisins) for 5 mins.
4. Lightly toast the sesame seeds in dry pan over medium-low heat, then pour into a cup.
5. Lightly toast the sunflower seeds too. Add to the sesame seeds.
6. Toast-roast the hazelnuts. Let it cool a bit, then rub gently to loosen the brown skin. Mix hazelnuts with toasted seeds.
7. Drain the excess liquid from the carrot. Add drained sour cherries (or raisins if you prefer sweet over sour), and the nut and seeds mix too. Sprinkle with a pinch of ground cumin.
To serve: Fluff up the quinoa with a fork, put it on the plate. Add carrot salad, steamed broccoli and red lentil dal. Sprinkle with hulled hemp seeds. Enjoy!
Allergy: nut. No gluten. No dairy. No egg.
You may want to try these:
The eat well plate No.2 - Kichadi, green beans, asparagus, avocado;
The eat well plate No.1 - Rice, sweet potato, broad beans, broccoli;