Red lentil soup with carrot, leek and quinoa
You will need:
1 cup red lentils
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup quinoa
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh ginger
1. Wash the red lentils in plenty of water several times, until the water stays clear. Drain trough a sieve and pat the bottom of the sieve dry.
2. Heat the oil and gently fry the bay leaf and the black mustard seeds. When the firsts start to pop add the lentils. Fry for a minute or two, stirring. Add two cups of water. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 8 to 10 mins.
3. Add diced carrots and quinoa, another two cups of water. Bring to boil and gently cook for further 8 to 10 mins.
4. Add sliced leek, ginger and ground turmeric and cook for 5 more mins.
5. Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf, and let is stand for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No nut. No egg. No sugar.