Oven roasted aubergine halves with broad bean and quinoa rice
You will need (serves 2-4):
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup basmati rice
1/4 cup quinoa
1 cup broad beans
1/2 tsp cajun spice blend*
1. Cut the aubergines in half, lengthwise. Place them on a baking tray with cut side up. Make diagonal cuts on top.
2. Mix cajun spice blend with 1 tbsp olive oil and brush the aubergines.
3. Roast in preheated oven at 190 C for about 30 mins.
4. Meanwhile, wash the rice well in plenty of water until the water stays clear. Drain. Wash the quinoa and drain.
5. Put rice and quinoa in a pan and add 2 cups of filtered water. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, put a lid on and cook for 12 mins. Set aside and let it rest for 5 mins.
6. While the aubergine halves are roasting and the rice is cooking remove the beans from their pods, add them to boiling water, cook for 3 to 4 mins. Drain, rinse with cold water and pop the beans out of their skin.
7. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the chopped garlic and brush onto the roasted aubergine halves.
8. Fluff up the quinoa rice and mix in the beans. Serve. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No nut.
*Cajun spice bled: ground pepper, cumin, mustard, red pepper, chili, oregano, thyme, sea salt, garlic, onion.