White bean and barley with crunchy raw vegetables
You will need:
3/4 cup haricot bean (navy bean), soaked overnight
1 bay leaf
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup pearl barley
2 sticks of celery
1 sweet pointed red peppers (ramiro)
1/2 head fennel
1 medium carrot
1 golden beetroot
2 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse the beans and cook in plenty of water with the bay leaf and halved garlic cloves. When done, let it cool in the cooking liquid.
2. Cook the well washed pearl barley in plenty of water. When cooked, rinse with cold water and drain.
3. Slice the celery sticks, the pepper and the fennel. Julienne the carrot and golden beetroot. Put them in a mixing bowl.
4. Discard the bay leaf and garlic halves and drain the beans. Add drained beans and barley to the veg. Mix.
5. Rinse the raisins, drain and add to the salad.
6. Mix olive oil with the lemon juice and ground pepper. Add to the salad. Mix well.
7. Serve into bowls and sprinkle with lightly toasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
You may also like:
Warm lentil and quinoa salad
Green chickpea salad
Vinegret, Russian beetroot salad
Warm lentil winter salad