Courgette halves filled with minced meat
You will need (feeds 2):
1 + 1 tbsp coconut oil
2 young leeks
200 g minced beef / or lamb / or venison
1 large onion
small bunch of flat leaf parsley
3 wet garlic cloves
1 large egg
1/2 tsp ground cumin
freshly round black pepper, to taste
pinch of ground cinnamon
1 ripe avocado
a good handful of cherry tomatoes
small bunch of coriander leaves (cilantro)
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Put onion, garlic and parsley leaves in a chopper and chop finely, almost like a paste.
2. Mix onion with minced meat of your choice. Let it rest in the fridge for 15 to 20 mins.
3. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil, add minced meat and gently cook the meat through.
4. Melt the other tbsp coconut oil, add thinly sliced leeks and cook until soft.
5. When the cooked meat and the leek have cooled down a bit, mix them together. Season with cumin, cinnamon and black pepper. Mix thoroughly. Finally add the lightly whisked egg.
6. Cut the courgettes in half lengthwise, then carve out the inside where the seedy flesh is to make space for the meat.
7. Stuff the courgette halves with the minced meat mix.
8. Arrange stuffed courgettes on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and roast in the preheated fan-oven for about 20 to 25 mins at 150 C.
9. Quarter the cherry tomatoes, put them in a mixing bowl. Add sliced avocado, freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and finally coriander leaves. Gently mix, and serve with the stuffed courgette boats you've just pulled out of the oven. Enjoy!
GAPS recipes selection.