Oven roasted pork ribs, sauteed savoury cabbage, beetroot salad
You will need (feeds 3):
a rack of pork loin ribs, 750 g
1 heaped tbsp dried rosemary
60-75 g raw pork fat (unrendered)
1 large head savoury cabbage
a good pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt (optional)
leaves of 1/3 lettuce
a small handful of young spinach leaves
1 medium beetroot, cooked
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion greens
1. Rinse the rack of ribs and put it into a large oval pyrex with a lid. Add a wee splash of water. Sprinkle the rosemary on top. Cover with a lid and put the dish into a preheated oven and roast on 180 C for about 45 mins or until nicely browned.
2. Rinse the savoury cabbage, pull the leaves apart, cut out the tough middle of each leaf, then finely chop. Thinly slice the raw pork fat.
3. In a wide, tall(ish) pan start to render the fat on medium-low heat, when most of the fat is rendered add the chopped savoury cabbage. Toss with two wooden spatulas until the cabbage softens. Continue tossing, stirring until light browning appears. Turn the heat to the lowest setting, add a wee splash of water, cover with a lid and gently cook for 15 to 20 mins.
4. Rinse the lettuce leaves and the spinach leaves, drain well. Put them in a mixing bowl.
5. Peel the beetroot and julienne. Add to the leaves.
6. Drizzle wit olive oil, ACV (if using), sprinkle with the chopped onion greens. Gently toss to combine.
7. Take the rack of ribs out of the oven. Let it stand for 5 mins, then cut into individual ribs.
8. Season the savoury cabbage with salt (if using), divide between plates, add the ribs and the beetroot salad. Enjoy!