Finally a porridge!
You will need (serves one):
2 ripe bananas
2 generous tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 scant tsp tapioca flour
pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt
wee pinch of bicarbonate soda
juice of a 1/2 lime
1 generous tbsp coconut oil, for cooking the porridge
1. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork. Mash them well so they are somewhat sticky. Put the mashed banana in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil, add to the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
3. In a wide pan melt the coconut oil, add the porridge mix, on low heat let it cook for a few minutes, undisturbed, just until a light 'crust' arrears on the bottom. With a wooden spatula lift, break and stir.
4. Keep stirring and keep letting it stick now and then. After a few more minutes you will get the porridge consistency.
5. Serve into a bowl and top with fruits of your choosing.
I have topped my wonderful porridge with cooked, soft fig and strawberry slices.
You will need:
1 large fig
2 or 3 strawberries
1 generous tbsp coconut oil
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Rinse the fruits, then slice.
2. In a pan melt the coconut oil, add the sliced fruit. Cook on low heat until the sliced start to bubble.
3. Turn, season with the ground cinnamon. Cook for another minute or so, then serve on top of your freshly made porridge. Enjoy!