Quick and easy pasta with garlic infused tomato and peppers
You will need:
pasta, Penne Rigate
a good handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
pointy sweet red pepper, sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, halved
a medium sized red onion, sliced
dried basil and some cheese*, to serve
freshly ground black pepper (for adults)
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water.
2. While the pasta is cooing heat a thick bottomed pan to medium heat. Add some olive oil, the halved garlic and cook for a minute or two.
3. Turn the heat up, and add the sliced red pepper, the halved tomato and the sliced red onion too. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off the heat, put a lid on and let it stand till the pasta is done.
5. Drain the pasta, and add it to the red pepper and tomato base. Mix well.
6, Serve. Sprinkle with dried basil and some grated cheese, and freshly ground black pepper (for adults).
Allergy: gluten, dairy. No egg. Suitable for vegetarians.
Tips: *Omit the cheese and the dish is vegan.
Leek and cheddar penne