Simple, easy dinner - Herb stuffed fish with green salad
You will need:
1 fresh herring per person, medium sized
medium bunch flat leaf parsley
1 inch fresh ginger
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 medium barbosa onion (new season onions with a sweeter flavour)
fresh oregano leaves, small handful
150 g mixed salad leaves (green lettuce, purple lettuce, wild rocket)
1 ridge cucumber
1 celery stick
1/3 cup onion greens, finely chopped
5 to 6 tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare the stuffing: finely slice the ginger and the garlic, cut the onion into thin wedges. Rinse the parsley and the oregano leaves.
2. Gut the fish by running the tip of the knife through from the gill to the vent, discard innards, then clean it out by rinsing under gentle running cold water.
3. Stuff the fish with the ginger, garlic and onion, load the green herbs last.
4. Arrange the fish in a baking dish, add a good splash of filtered water, put the dish into a preheated oven and bake on 175 C for about 40 to 45 mins.
5. Prepare the green salad just before the fish is ready: rinse and drain the salad leaves well. Put them in a mixing bowl.
6. Add the thinly sliced celery, the peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced cucumber and the finely chopped onion greens. Drizzle generously with the olive oil.
7. Serve the fish piping hot with the crunchy green salad. Enjoy!