Tasty, quick appetizer, snack or main meal component
You will need (serves 3 to 4):
300 g raw king prawns, fresh or frozen
400 g fresh asparagus
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Prepare the asparagus: cut off the fiberous ends (the lower third) and discard. Peel off the outer layer of the lower half, then cut into 1.5 to 2 inch batons.
2. Put the king prawns into boiling water and cook on medium heat for 2 mins.
3. In a wide pan melt 2 tbsp coconut oil and add the prepared asparagus. Stir-fry on medium heat for 2 to 3 mins, then cover with a lid, lower the heat to minimum and soften for 2 more mins.
4. Transfer the asparagus into a mixing bowl (pyrex will keep it warm).
5. Wipe the pan clean with a towel, melt the remaining 2 tbsp coconut oil and add the partially cooked kind prawns. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 mins.
6. Put the prawns into the mixing bowl, do not stir just shake the bowl to mix the two.
7. Serve onto a plate and drizzle with some olive oil. Enjoy!
Tip: Instead of olive oil you can serve with coconut aminos and/or fresh ginger and garlic.