Light and easy broth with white veg and boiled meat
You will need (serves 4 to 6 people):
1 medium head cauliflower
1 large or 2 medium kohlrabi stems
2 young courgettes
white part of spring onions, about 4 to 5
1.2 l bone broth
1 bay leaf
1 barbosa onion (new season onions with a sweeter flavour)
1 celery stalk
boiled meat (from the bone broth)
green part of spring onions
1. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and dice the kohlrabi stem. Slice the white parts of the spring onions. Cut the courgettes in half, lengthwise, discard the seedy core, then dice the flesh.
2. Bring the bone broth to gentle boil. Add the prepared cauliflower and kohlrabi.
3. Season with the bay leaf, barbosa onion (peeled but left in whole) and the celery stalk (just cut in half).
4. Cover with a lid and gently simmer the veg for 15 to 20 mins. Add the diced courgettes in the last 8 to 10 mins.
5. Discard the bay leaf, barbosa onion and celery stalk. Add the spring onion white parts.
6. Serve the soup into bowls. Add some boiled meat, thinly sliced radish and sprinkle with spring onion greens. Enjoy!