Refreshing salad bowl with tuna, egg and the veg
Just looking at this bowl makes me smile and happy that I can afford to eat such super ingredients: tasty tuna, rich golden egg, creamy avocado, sweet beetroot, deep green kale, crispy lettuce and crunchy cucumber. This bowl makes a luxury lunch or an extravagant dinner. Savour every mouthful and make sure to enjoy it with good table company.
You will need:
green crunch (lettuce, avocado, cucumber, spring onion)
tuna (in olive oil seasoned with salt only)*
egg (half an egg per person)
3 large kale leaves
beetroot, cooked (half a beetroot per person)
avocado (quarter of an avocado per person)
1. Cook the beetroots until a fork goes through easily. Let it cool down in the cooking liquid. This step can be made ahead, even a day before. I always keep few cooked beetroots in the fridge in their cooking liquid.
2. Pull the kale leaves off the stem and tear them into smaller pieces, then steam for about 10 to 12 mins.
3. Cook the eggs for 5 mins. Transfer them into a bowl filled with cold water.
4. Drain the tuna. Quarter and peel the avocado.
5. To assemble the bowl: Put some green crunch salad in the serving bowl (OR just use some lettuce leaves alone), top with some steamed kale, arrange few tuna pieces, half an egg, half a sliced beetroot and a quarter of a sliced avocado on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!
*Fish4Ever White Tuna Steaks In Organic Olive Oil INGREDIENTS: White tuna steaks (70%), Cold pressed olive oil (29%), Sea salt.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.