Just fruit - thin and crisp apple slices
It is so nice to switch on the oven on a clouded autumn day, and see the lights shine through the oven's door to lit the kitchen floor. A little warmth and a little light make little-effort snacks, like apple chips.
You will need:
2 medium-large apples
1. Wash the apples, cut them in half and core them. Leave the skin on.
2. Thinly slice the apple halves.
3. Arrange the thin slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Put the tray into a preheated oven and gently bake-dry at 80 C for about 2 to 3 hours (turning them halfway), or until the apple slices are crisp.
5. Let the apple chips cool down completely, then lock them in an air-tight glass container to keep them fresh and crisp. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.