Dairy- and grain-free autumn-warmer fish soup
I am having lots of fun with my newly discovered fish stock making. Although it is lovely to sip as it is, I mainly use it as a base of an enriched fish soup like this one. I have made another batch of mackerel pate from mackerels only this time, and reserved the sardines for soup making. Quick, simple and easy fish soup to keep you warm in the autumn chill.
You will need (serves 4):
5 cups home-made fish stock
6 sardines (from the fish stock)
3 young courgettes
2 spring onions
freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp ghee
1. Peel the courgettes and cut into chunks or slices.
2. Bring the fish stock to gentle boil (for making the fish stock please follow the link for steps of preparation).
3. Add the courgettes to the stock and cook on low heat for about 5 to 7 mins, until soft.
4. Immerse a hand blender and blend until smooth. This will be the "cream" in the soup.
5. Add the filleted fish and sliced spring onions, cook on low heat to allow the fish to warm trough.
6. Serve hot. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and add about 1/2 tsp ghee to the bowl. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.