Panna cotta GAPS, SCD and PALEO-style, in a jar
Sunday is for family. Family loves treats. Therefore Sunday is for treats...
Autumn pear are glowing. Fragrant, aromatic, juicy, sweet, what else do we need? A creamy dessert to go with it!
You will need (makes 4):
200 g creamed coconut
600 ml filtered water
1 tbsp unflavoured beef gelatin
1 tbsp honey
1 cup filtered water
1 scant tbsp unflavoured beef gelatin
8 to 10 fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp honey
1. Put the creamed coconut in a sauce pan, add the water and gently heat to dissolve. Bring just to the boiling point, then take the pan off the heat. The coconut likes to separate in hot water so just immerse a hand blender and blend until milk-like.
2. Pour the coconut milk through a sieve to remove the fibrous part (save for later use, cool down and lock into a glass container and place it into the fridge). Add the gelatin to a little cold water to dissolve then stir into the coconut milk.
3. Let the milk cool down from hot to warm, then stir in the honey.
4. Pour the sweetened milk into 4 small jars and place them into the refrigerator to set while you are preparing the minted pear jelly.
6. Add the gelatin to a little cold water to dissolve then stir into the hot minted pear. Let it cool down to room temperature. Stir in the honey.
7. Take the chilled cocco out of the fridge and spoon some minted pear on top, and put the jars back into the fridge two hours.
8. Serve well chilled, decorate with fresh mint leaves. Share and enjoy!
For VEGANS: Use algae: agar-agar or carrageenan instead of gelatin, and maple syrup instead of honey.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.