Oven-roasted young carrots seasoned with fresh thyme
The latest bunched carrots had nice and thin young carrots among them, perfect for roasting in whole for a great side dish that goes well with almost everything.
You will need:
2 tbsp duck fat
3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1. Prepare the carrots: cut off the greens, leave a bit of stems on top, do not peel just wash and brush.
2. Parboil the prepared carrots for about 3 to 4 mins.
3. Put hot carrots in a mixing bowl, add the duck fat, let it melt completely, then season with 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves.
4. Arrange seasoned carrot in a baking dish, dribble the duck fat from the bowl.
5. Place it in a preheated oven and bake at 180 C for about 30 to 45 mins.
Tip: For VEGAN version use coconut oil instead of the duck fat.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.