Light apple dessert baked in the oven
No time and certainly not in the mood for making a complicated dessert but still want something sweet and freshly baked? This simple idea will take you there. All hail juicy new season apples! Perfect with the fresh batch of soured cream I just have made yesterday.
You will need (just for two):
4 dried apricots, soft (natural, SO2-free)
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp home-made soured cream
2 tbsp toasted coconut
2. Lightly toast the coconut in a dry pan.
3. Cut the apples in half and carve out the core.
4. Stuff the apple halves with the chopped apricots.
5. Arrange the stuffed apricots in an oven dish. Add a splash of water. Sprinkle with some cinnamon.
6. Put the oven dish into the preheated oven and bake at 170 C for about 25 to 30 mins.
7. To serve: Divide the apple halves between two plates, drizzle with honey, place a dollop of soured cream on top of each half, finally sprinkle with the toasted coconut and some ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
Tips: Use some chopped nuts in the stuffing, like walnuts, if you fancy. Replace the soured cream with whipped coconut cream for the VEGAN or PALEO version, and honey with maple syrup.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.