Yesterday's lunch got a second chance and reborn into a snack
There was the mince and courgette stew, beef mince with grated courgettes for lunch, but there wasn't enough left for today to make a substantial meal, so I turned it into a quick, no fuss snack/appetizer.
You will need:
10-12 tbsp leftover courgette mince
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Cut the courgettes in half lengthwise, then carve out the inside of the seedy flesh to make room for the stuffing. Save the carved out flesh to enrich meat stock or make courgette cream.
2. Brush the courgettes with coconut oil.
3. Stuff the courgette halves with the minced meat mix.
4. Arrange the stuffed courgettes on a baking tray, and roast in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 mins at 170 C.
5. Serve hot or warm. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.