Italian ham, British eggs and cheese in French setting
You will need (per person):
2 medium-large eggs
2 thin slices of prosciutto crudo (dry-cured)
2 tbsp finely grated Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
pinch of Himalayan rock salt
freshly ground black pepper, to tase
1 tbsp ghee
1. Heat a dry frying pan to medium, place the thin ham sliced into the pan, fry for 10 to 15 second, then turn and fry for another 5 seconds. Set aside.
2. Whisk one egg with a fork.
3. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Melt half the ghee, then add the beaten egg. Cook until the bottom is set, then turn and cook the other side for half the time. When it is nicely risen slide the omelette onto a plate, sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp cheese, place one slice of ham on one end and fold the other over the ham.
4. Beat the second egg and cook and fold the same way like you did the first.
5. To serve: Sprinkle the two stuffed omelettes with the remaining 1 tbsp Cheddar cheese, and with the freshly ground black pepper, some salt and fresh thyme leaves. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg. Dairy. No gluten. No grain. No nut. No sugar.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.