Grilled four-veg and aromatic couscous for dinner
I know it is not the grilling season and the summer is on the other side of the planet but I just could not resist the thought of grilled vegetables with fluffy couscous. Mouthwatering.
You will need:
an aubergine (eggplant)
2 courgettes (zucchini)
a sweet pointed red pepper
a red onion
dried thyme, oregano and rosemary or fresh if you have them
For the aromatic couscous:
1 cup of couscous
a small bunch of parsley
a small red onion
2 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
a scant tbsp of ground cumin
2. Boil 2 cups of water and pour over your dry couscous. Cover and let it rest. A lidded pyrex is good, it will keep warm for long.
3. Wash your veg, dry and slice them up, about 3-4 mm thick (cut the courgettes in half first).
4. Grill your veg. One type of veg at a time. Start with the aubergine slices. Grill both sides.
5. Put your aubergines into a pyrex or a dish that will keep the warmth longer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the herbs.
6. Add the next layer of veg and season it the same way. Repeat until all the veg are grilled. Gently mix the grilled veg layers together. Ready to serve.
7. Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the finely chopped red onion, the roughly chopped parsley and the ground almond. Season with ground cumin. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix. Ready to serve.
Allergy: gluten, nut.