Real summer treat, cool real-fruit raspberry jelly
It could not be easier, you only need four ingredients, and a little patience to wait it out until the jelly sets. The fruit of you patience is a refreshing dessert that is bursting with flavours.
You will need:
150 g fresh raspberries
500 ml water
1 tbsp unflavoured beef gelatin
1 tbsp acacia honey
1. Bring the water to boil.
2. Rinse the raspberries, drain well, save few for later, put the rest in the water and gently cook for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Take the pan off the heat, let it cool for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Pour the fruit water through a sieve, mash the fruit, work in a circular motion until only the seeds remain in the sieve.
5. Dissolve the gelatin in the fruit base.
6. Let it cool back a little more, then stir in the honey. Dissolve, mix thoroughly.
7. Pour the jelly into a glass jelly mould, add few whole raspberries, let it cool down completely, then place the mould into the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
8. Serve the wobbly raspberry jelly with fresh mint leaves and a few extra drops of honey if required. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.