Full of flavour stir-fried wok vegetablesYou will need:
1 large onion
1 small head yellow cauliflower
2 medium carrots
2 handful of green kale
1 small head broccoli
2 sweet pointed red pepper
2 medium courgettes
4 tsp coconut oil
coconut aminos, to taste
1. Preheat your wok (dry, no oil). I love my cast iron wok. It takes longer to warm but it cooks quick and efficient.
2. While the wok is getting warmed up prepare all the veg:
- slice up the onion and put on one plate (or in a bowl),
- break cauliflower into small florets and put on another plate,
- peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks (another plate),
- roughly chop the kale,
- break broccoli into florets, halve or quarter the bigger ones,
- cut pepper into matchsticks,
- and finally cut the courgettes into matchsticks too
(do not use the seedy core, it would leak too much juice but do not just throw it away, it is delicious, eat it as it is, raw).
... all the veg on separate plates (or in separate bowls).
Too many? I know, the washing up. Well, cooking from scratch is fun or what! Don't panic, you will use them twice.
3. Now that your veg are ready and the wok too start to stir fry:
add 1 tsp oil then add the onions. Use two wooden spatulas to toss. After two minutes add the cauliflower florets and toss quickly. Constant quick tossing is key. After about 2 mins put the onion and cauliflower back on the plate (or into the bow).
4. Add another tsp oil and the carrots, toss quickly for two mins and add the chopped kale, toss and after another two mins take the veg out onto a plate.
5. Add another tsp oil and now the broccoli, toss, two minutes, take it out.
6. Add the last tsp of oil and now the red pepper, toss, one minute, add the courgettes, toss, one minute, and now add all the veg back. Give them a quick toss, season with coconut aminos and the dish is done.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No soya. No dairy. No egg.