Stay with the season, flavour with wild garlic!
You will need:
1 cup risotto rice (short grain white rice)
1 large onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups broad beans (out of their pods)
3 handfuls of wild garlic
2 tbsp ground cashew nut
3 tbsp pine nuts
For the veg stock:
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 celery sticks
1 bay leaf
1. In a big bowl wash the rice well in plenty of water, several times, until the water stays clear. Drain trough a sieve and pat the bottom to draw out all the water. Let it dry for a few minutes.
2. Prepare your veg stock: clean the veg. Cut them in half, lengthwise. Bring 1.25 l water to boil. Add the veg, halved garlic cloves, bay leaf and peppercorns. Gently simmer for 8 to 10 mins.
3. Pop the beans out of their pod and drop them in gently boiling water. Cook for 5 mins. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Peel off the skin.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and sauté with the olive oil until the onion is translucent.
5. Add rice and cook gently, stirring for 3 to 4 mins.
6. Add one ladle of the simmering veg stock (just the liquid!). Stir the rice, let it absorb the stock, then add another ladle of hot veg stock. Keep stirring and adding, stirring and adding, one ladle at a time, until the rice is cooked and the stock is used up. Do not rush. Take the time to cook it right.
7. Stir in the ground cashew nut, the roughly chopped wild garlic and the broad beans. Cover and let it stand for 5 mins.
8. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan on medium heat.
9. Serve risotto into bowls and sprinkle with the nut. Enjoy!
Allergy: Nut. No gluten. No dairy.