Thursday 16 April 2015

Protein porridge (GF, DF, V+)

protein_porridge
Porridge generously sprinkled with hulled hemp seeds

I measured the oat-water ratio in my porridge. Usually I just go measuring the water by eye but for easy following and preparation here are the proportions:

75 g porridge oats (gluten-free)
3 cups of filtered water

This makes breakfast for two. If you need more or need less just follow the 25 g porridge + 1 cup water.

I prefer my porridge cooked well. Once it is boiling from that around 8 to 10 mins gentle bubbling on low heat.

Today's porridge is apple-poppy-papaya. I added creamed coconut at the beginning, apple and poppy seeds in the middle of cooking and papaya at the very end, just before letting it rest for a few minutes before serving. I sprinkled generously with hulled hemp seeds for extra protein and that lovely nutty flavour. Enjoy!

Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No sugar.

You may want to try these:
Pineapple and quinoa porridge
Vitality porridge
Papaya poppy fruit porridge
Papaya and banana porridge
Pineapple and poppy porridge
Apple-banana-papaya porridge
Autumn porridge

No comments:

Post a Comment