Juicy lamb shoulder, sweet roasted carrots and chickpeas
You will need (per person):
1 lamb shoulder chop
3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
2 medium onions
4 + 2 garlic cloves
2-3 branch of fresh rosemary
4-5 branches of fresh thyme
1 + 1 bay leaf
freshly ground black pepper
2-3 tbsp agave nectar
1 + 2 tbsp olive oil
1.2 tsp ground cumin
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight. Rinse and drain and put to boil in fresh water with a bay leaf and two garlic cloves, halved. Gently simmer till softened.
2. Meanwhile, slice the onion and start to cook in 1 tbsp olive oil in a thick bottomed pan. When translucent add the lamb shoulder chops and fry them on high heat, brown both sides.
3. Add rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and garlic, and pour about a glass of water too. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat, put the lid on and gently cook for 30 to 40 mins.
4. While the lamb chops are cooking, make the sweet roasted carrot. Quarter the carrots lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil and agave nectar. Sprinkle with ground cumin. Mix. Align the carrots on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put them in a preheated oven and roast on 200 C for 25 to 30 mins.
5. Everything should be ready at the same time and good to serve.
Thy this too:
Roasted wild rabbit legs with rucola and grapefruit