Oven baked wild salmon in creamy coconut base
The last baked salmon was a hit, everyone really liked it, so I decided to make it again, this time with wild salmon and a creamier sauce.
No-pastry wild salmon quiche with broccoli, shallots and cherry tomatoes in creamy coconut-egg sauce.
You will need (feeds 2-4 people):
two wild salmon fillets
1 heat of broccoli
a handful of sweet cherry tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp creamed coconut
1 cup coconut milk, like Koko Dairy Free Original + Calcium
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp coconut oil
freshly ground black pepper
and steamed rice, to serve
1. Poach the wild salmon fillets.
2. Break the broccoli into florets and drop them in boiling water for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Brush the bottom of an oven dish (I used a 20 x 20 cm pyrex) with coconut oil.
4. Arrange broccoli, salmon pieces, shallot slices, crushed garlic, and cherry tomato halves.
5. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork, add coconut milk, nutmeg and dissolved creamed coconut (dissolve it in 2 to 3 tbsp warm water). Mix well and pour on salmon.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for about 25 to 30 mins or until sauce is no longer runny. Take the dish out and let it stand for 5 mins.
7. Cut into squares (or slices if your oven dish is round), season with freshly ground black pepper (for adults) and serve with rice or crunchy green salad leaves. Enjoy!
Allergy: Fish, Egg. No gluten. No dairy. No nut.
For GAPS: Use home-made coconut milk.