Young spinach leaves with ruby pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts
You will need (feeds 2 to 4 people):
200 g baby spinach
half a pomegranate
3 tbsp pine nuts
6 cherry tomatoes
1 medium carrot
2 + 2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
some Parmesan cheese
1. To prepare the aubergines, cut them in half, lengthwise, put them on a baking tray. Make pineapple cuts on top and brush with olive oil. Roast in a preheated oven at 220 C for about 30 mins.
3. Pop the embedded pulpy ruby pomegranate seeds out of they membranes.
4. Wash the spinach leaves and drain well. Put them in a big mixing bowl. Add the julienne-cut carrots, the halved cherry tomatoes. Mix.
5. Mix the olive oil with the apple cider vinegar and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
6. Serve onto plates or into bowls. Add some Parmesan shavings. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts. Add a roasted aubergine half to make it a main dish.
Allery: Dairy, Nut. No gluten. No egg.
Tips: Omit the Parmesan cheese to make it vegan. Please note that the Parmesan is not a vegetarian cheese.
More aubergine recipes:
Ready in 30 - Roasted aubergine
You may also like these salads:
Roasted veg couscous salad (DF, V+)
Bean and barley salad (DF, V+)
Warm lentil and quinoa salad (GF, DF, V+)
Green chickpea salad (DF, V+)
Warm lentil and roasted veg salad (GF, DF, V+)