Crunchy rainbow veg and smooth kichadi
You will need:
2 handfuls Brussels sprouts
2 handfuls green kale, roughly chopped
1 red pepper
a small broccoli head
3 tbsp coconut oil
coconut aminos, to taste
1. Julienne the courgettes and carrots. Halve or quarter the Brussels sprouts. Cut pepper into matchstick strips. Break broccoli into small florets, halve the bigger ones.
2. Heat a wide bottomed pan (or wok) to medium-hot.
3. When the pan/wok is hot add 1 tbsp oil and the julienned courgettes. Toss with two wooden spatulas for 2 to 3 mins. Place courgette on a plate.
4. Add Brussels sprouts (and a bit of oil if needed), toss for 3 to 4 mins to get them browned here and there.
5. Add julienned carrots, and toss for 2 mins. Add kale bits, and toss for 2 mins. Add pepper strips, and toss for 2 mins.
6. Push veg mix to the sides, add oil then the broccoli bits and fry for 3 to 4 mins to get some browning on the florets.
7. Mix broccoli with veg, toss for a minute or two, add back the courgettes, season with coconut aminos. Ready to serve.
1 cup white basmati rice
1/4 cup red lentils
1/4 cup quinoa
1 cup chopped green kale
1 green cardamom pod
pinch of ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
pinch of ground turmeric
1. Wash the rice, lentils and quinoa well, in plenty of water, until the water stays clear. Drain well, pat the bottom of the strainer to let more water out.
2. Put all the ingredients in a pot, add 3 cups of filtered water. Mix.
3. Bring rice to boil. Reduce to simmer, put a lid on and gently cook for 15 mins.
4. Take the rice off the heat, do not lift the lid, just let it stand for 10 more mins. Serve hot. Enjoy!