Oh-so-buttery almond biscuits
You will need (makes 25):
200 g plain flour
100 g ground almonds
100 g butter, unsalted
25 g xylitol
25 g coconut palm sugar (coconut blossom nectar)
1 small egg
pinch of salt
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, combine with the ground almonds.
2. Grind the xylitol, then the coconut palm sugar in a coffee grinder, and add them to the flour mix.
3. Add the egg then the diced butter, and combine with your fingers. Keep mixing until the dough is formed.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
6. Dust the rolling mat with a little flour. Roll the chilled dough to 3-4 mm thick.
7. Cut out the biscuits and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Bake biscuits for 15 to 17 mins.
9. Transfer baked biscuits into a wire rack and let them cool completely. Store them in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
Allergy: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Nut.
You may also like:
Almond and vanilla tea biscuit
Seeded star almond biscuits
Festive almond biscuits