Dark chocolate medallions flavoured with Cardamom and Pistachio
When dark chocolate and cardamom meet something really exciting happens, they blend in so nicely like they were born for each other.
You will need (makes 25 medallions):
100 g dark chocolate (vegan*)
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
small handful of pistachio nuts, unroasted and unsalted
1. Heat a pan on medium-low heat. Shell the pistachios, put nuts into the pan and gently toast till some nuts get light browning here and there. Let them cool, rub the skin off, then crush the toasted nuts in a mortar.
2. In a small saucepan put some water to boil. When gently simmering put a stainless steel or a heat resistant glass bowl on top (the bottom must not touch the water).
3. Put half of the chocolate buttons into the bowl. Gentry stir with a silicone spatula until all just melted. Take it off the heat, stir in the ground cardamom, and add the rest of the chocolate buttons and gently stir to melt all the choc.
4. With a teaspoon spoon onto a silicone macaron mat. Make all the 25 medallions first.
5. Sprinkle the medallions with the crushed pistachio.
6. Let them cool completely. When they are no longer shiny, and the surface is matte pop the tray into the refrigerator for 25 to 30 mins or until serving. Share and enjoy!
[*] Cocoa Loco Organic Dark Chocolate Buttons (100 g)
INGREDIENTS: Dark Chocolate containing cocoa solids 73% minimum
(cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, vanilla powder).
Allergy: Nut. No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No soya.
You may also like:
Dark Chocolate Medallions - Raspberry and Rose