A grain-free treat for snacks and parties
You will need (makes 12):
200 g ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp linseed (flax seed, omit for GAPS)
1/2 tsp baking soda
generous pinch of Himalayan rock salt
a good handful of cacao nibs (omit for GAPS)
6 medium eggs
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Put the linseed into a coffee grinder and grind it well.
2. Put the dry ingredients (ground almonds, coconut flour, desiccated coconut, ground linseed, baking soda, Himalayan rock salt, cacao nibs) in a mixing bowl and combine well.
3. In another mixing bowl beat the eggs with a hand blender, add melted coconut oil, honey and vinegar. Blend to combine.
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
5. Prepare 12 silicone muffin cases, arrange them on a baking tray, line them with paper cases, and fill them with the dough (divide the dough equally, about 2 generous tbsp each).
6. Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake at 175 C for 30 mins. The crust should be nice and golden and the muffins are well risen.
7. Take the tray out of the oven, free the muffins from the silicone cases and let them cool down in their paper cases on a wire rack. Serve. Share. Enjoy!
Tips: Instead of cacao nibs (which aren't GAPS legal) use a handful of raisins, or zest and juice of a lemon, or 1 tbsp rose water, or 1 tsp ground cinnamon with some diced apple.
[i] For more GAPS/PALEO recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.