Juicy liver served with wild garlic infused courgette pasta
Quick and easy main course - incredibly delicious - a real weekend treat!
You will need (feeds 4):
500 g fresh duck liver
200 g wild garlic
8 young courgettes
2 fat garlic cloves
4 tbsp coconut oil (or 2 tbsp coconut oil and 2 tbsp duck fat)
Himalayan rock salt
1. Rinse and roughly chop the wild garlic leaves.
2. In a pan melt 1 tbsp coconut oil, add the chopped garlic, fry for a minute or two then add the wild garlic, cover with a lid and cook/steam on low heat for 3 to 4 mins.
3. In a bigger pan melt 1 tbsp coconut oil, add the courgette ribbons (shave the young courgettes with a vegetable peeler or use a spiralizer), cover with a lid and let it soften for 3 to 4 mins.
4. In a third pan melt 2 tbsp coconut oil or duck fat, add the rinsed, cleaned, towel-dried duck liver pieces and fry on each side for a minute, then cover with a lid and cook for further 4 to 5 mins. Lightly season with Himalayan rock salt.
5. Divide the courgette ribbon pasta between plates, season with the wild garlic, place a duck liver piece on top and drizzle with the juice of the liver. Serve hot. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS/PALEO recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.