A grain-free treat for cold Sunday afternoons
You will need (makes 22 biscuits):
2 cups of ground almonds (blanched, no skin)
1/2 cup ground walnuts
1/2 cup butter
3 medjool dates, soaked overnight
a good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
1/3 tsp of ground cinnamon
1. With 3 to 4 tbsp of soaking water cream the pitted dates with a stick blender. Set aside.
2. Place the ground walnut in a blender fitted with the S-blade. Pulse for a few seconds.
3. Ground the walnuts.
4. In a large mixing bowl blend the ground almond and walnuts together. Season with the salt and cinnamon.
5. Rub in the butter to make the dough look crumbly.
6. Finally add the date paste to make the dough stick together. If it too sticky add a tsp or two of coconut flour.
7. Line your baking tray with a piece of baking sheet. Use a tbsp to measure out equal amounts of dough. Form little balls, place the on the baking tray and fatten them with your three middle finders.
8. Put the tray in a preheated oven at 165 °C for about 15 to 20 mins, until nice and golden. Let them cool on a wire cack. Share and enjoy!
Allergy: Nut. Dairy (butter). No egg. No gluten. No grain. No Sugar. VEGETARIAN.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.