Creamy-dreamy apple and parsnip soup
I am still under the influence of the twinkle-twinkle...
You will need:
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 large apples
2 large parsnips
2 small potatoes
1 celery stick
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp creamed coconut
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Finely slice the onions and gently fry them in the oil until softened.
2. Add the minced garlic and the bay leaf and fry for a minute or two.
3. Add the diced potato, parsnip and apple, and the sliced celery. Cover with water. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 15 mins.
4. Season with salt and pepper, add the coconut, and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Take out the bay leaf and cream it with a hand blender.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and decorate with cut-out stars of wholemeal toast. Enjoy!