Monday 24 November 2014

Crispy kale

crispy kale
What a shocking surprise, and a shockingly good one. I was never a big fan of the kale. I used it in soups, occasionally, but that was it. I used it because it has
good qualities but the kale was never my favourite for taste. When I received my copy of The Abel & Cole Veg Box Companion (full of seasonal ideas, recipes and storage tips) the first one I tried was this baked kale. And I must tell you it swept me off my feet. Love and addiction. The taste is superb. A perfect party snack! It is easy to prepare, and ready in just under 5 minutes. Here is my version:

You will need:
1 or 2 stem of kale per person
olive oil
coarse salt, ground cumin and chili flakes (to taste)

Wash your kale and dry well. Pull the frilly leaves from the stalk. Chop the leaves. Put it in a big bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Mix gently to cover the leaves evenly. Season with a bit of coarse salt, ground cumin and a pinch of chili flakes. Toss them together. Line your baking tray with baking paper, arrange the seasoned leaves in a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 4 to 5 minutes. The kale should be crispy. Serve immediately and enjoy!

green kale

No comments:

Post a Comment