Creamy (squash, avocado) and crispy texture (patty, cucumber, onion)
There are patties in the freezer. This way it is easy to jazz up an interesting, not no mention quick lunch without needing the time to make and bake the patties. Preparing the veg is quick and easy, so is this lunch-for-one.
You will need:
2 patties, prepared and frozen (I prefer lamb)
1 harlequin squash
1 generous tbsp coconut oil
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
1 small/medium ripe avocado
juice of a lime
1 small garlic clove
a good pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt
1 ridge cucumber
1 small onion
1. Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Leave the skin on and steam in a pressure cooker for 6 to 8 mins.
2. While the squash is steaming reheat the frozen patties in the oven at 175 C.
3. Peel the cucumber and onion and thinly slice. Season with a little salt.
4. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, peel off the skin. Put the flesh into a tall glass container.
5. Add the freshly squeezed lime juice, the thinly sliced garlic, insert a hand held blender and blend into a smooth paste, now slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the blender is still running. Stop when it is well combined and silky smooth.
6. Scoop out the flesh of the steamed squash into a bowl, add the coconut oil and mash it with a fork.
7. Serve hot the mash and patties, add the cucumber salad, and pour over the avocado mayo. Enjoy!