Light and creamy spaghetti pasta dish with ham and asparagus
You will need (feeds two):
rice and quinoa spaghetti (GF)
300 g asparagus
55 g Parma ham (preservative-free)
1 tsp olive oil
3 fresh garlic cloves (wet garlic)
1 large egg
freshly ground black pepper
medium bunch fresh parsley leaves
1. Prepare the asparagus: wash and cut off the woody, fiberous white base (the lower third) and discard, peel the outer layer of the middle third, leave the tender tips (the upper third) as they are. Drop the peeled middle third into gently boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 mins (save the unpeeled tender tips for salads, soups or risotto). Drain and set aside.
2. Cook the spaghetti in plenty of water.
3. Heat the pan with the oil to medium, add thinly sliced garlic. Fry for a minute.
4. Add Parma ham, torn into bigger pieces. Fry for a minute or two.
5. Add sliced asparagus you just have been cooked. Fry for a minute or two.
6. Drain the spaghetti, then put the drained spaghetti back to the pot (still hot), set the heat to minimum, add the whisked egg. Stir constantly, converting the raw egg into smooth cream on low heat. When it is nice and creamy and smooth, add the ham and asparagus with 2/3 of the parsley leaves. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly.
7. Serve immediately, garnish with the remaining parsley leaves. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg. No gluten. No dairy. No nut. No preservatives.
INGREDIENTS: Organic rice flour 75%, organic quinoa flour 25%.
• Unearthed Italian Riserva Prosciutto Crudo INGREDIENTS: Pork (94%), Salt.