Eat well and feel good with plants-only on your plate
• tricolour quinoa
• crunchy chickpea salad
• steamed sprouting broccoli
For the tricolour quinoa you will need:
1/2 cup white quinoa
1/2 cup quinoa mix (white, red, black)
1. Mix and wash the quinoa well, then drain. Pat the bottom of the sieve to draw the water out.
2. Put quinoa in a pan. Add 2 cups of water. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 10 to 12 mins.
4. Take the quinoa off the heat and let it stand for 5 to 7 mins.
For the crunchy chickpea salad you will need:
1 cup cooked chickpeas (here is how to cook)
1 young carrot
half a cucumber
1 pointed sweet red pepper
half a dozen piccolini cherry tomatoes
a handful of wild rocket (rucola)
4 heaped tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of a lime
1. Julienne the carrot, cucumber and pepper. Put them into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add quartered cherry tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Mix well.
3. Add well drained chickpeas and rucola too.
4. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds, then add them to the salad. Mix well.
For the sprouting broccoli steam the broccoli for 8 to 10 mins or drop them into boiling water for 3 to 4 mins.
To serve: Fluff the quinoa up with a fork. Put quinoa on the plate, serve a generous amount of the chickpea salad, and finally add the sprouting broccoli. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No nuts.
More EAT WELL PLATE ideas:
The eat well plate No.1 - Rice, sweet potato, broad beans, broccoli;
The eat well plate No.2 - Kichadi, green beans, asparagus, avocado;
The eat well plate No.3 - Quinoa, lentil, broccoli, carrot salad;
The eat well plate No.4 - Rice, mung dal, cauli-okra curry, avocado;
The eat well plate No.5 - Buckwheat, chickpeas, beetroot salad, hummus;