Veg-loaded quinoa salad bowl + 10 more salad ideas
You will need (feeds 3 to 4):
2/3 cup white quinoa
1/3 cup tricolour quinoa
900 g broad beans (pods)
2 salad onions
1 young carrot
1 young courgette
1 sweet potato
1 young beetroot
6 to 8 asparagus tips
6 to 8 sprouting broccoli
small bunch of flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Wash the quinoa, drain and bring to boil with 2 cups of water. Reduce to simmer, put a lid on and cook for 8 to 10 mins. Take it off the heat and let it rest with the lid on for 5 to 10 mins. Fluff up with a fork.
2. Cook the beetroot and the sweet potato with their skin on.
3. Pod the broad beans and pop them into boiling water and cook for 6 to 8 mins. Let the beans cool in their cooking liquid. When cooled peel off the skin.
4. Pop the asparagus tips and the sprouting broccoli into boiling water and gently cook for 4 to 5 mins.
5. Julienne the carrot and the courgette into a big mixing bowl. Season with vinegar and olive oil.
6. Add sliced salad onion (greens too) and parsley leaves (just pluck them off the stems). Mix.
7. Fold in the quinoa and broad beans. Mix gently but thoroughly.
8. Serve quinoa salad into bowls. Top with beetroot and asparagus slices, and add asparagus tips and sprouting broccoli. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No nut.
More salad ideas:
Lentil and quinoa crunchy salad
Warm chickpea and barley salad
Green chickpea salad
Lentil and chickpea salad
Warm quinoa and lentil salad
Baby spinach salad
Roasted veg couscous salad
Bean and barley salad
Warm lentil and quinoa salad
Warm lentil winter salad