Creamy vegan soup with quinoa and seasonal greens
You will need:
1 bag of chard
1 small head of broccoli
400 g asparagus
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp creamed coconut
1 cm fresh ginger
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup quinoa
1. Wash the quinoa, drain and bring to boil with 1 cup of filtered water, then reduce to simmer, put a lid on and gently cook for 8 to 10 mins, then let it rest with the lid on.
2. Break broccoli into florets and drop them into boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Wash the leek well, then slice (green end too) and soften in the coconut oil.
4. Wash well the chard leaves, discard the tough centre, tear into smaller pieces and add to the leek. Put a lid on and gently cook for 3 to 4 mins.
5. Wash and prepare the asparagus: cut off the woody, fiberous white base (the lower third) and discard. Peel off the outer layer of the middle third. Cut off the tender darker green tips (the upper third).
6. Add peeled middle parts of the asparagus to the chard. Add two to three cups of filtered water. Cover with a lid and bring to boil.
7. Add creamed coconut, and season with finely chopped garlic and ginger. Reduce to simmer and gently cook for 5 mins.
8. Drop asparagus tips into boiling water for 3 to 4 mins. Drain.
9. Take the soup off the heat and cream with a hand blender.
To assemble the soup:
Place a portion of quinoa in a bowl. Ladle creamy green soup over the quinoa. Garnish generously with broccoli and asparagus tips. Enjoy!