Chew on this! Salad high in fiber and protein.
You will need:
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 cup lentils (le Puy green lentils)
1 medium carrot
1 medium courgette
1 marinated red pepper
1 medium red onion
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
4 heaped tbsp sunflower seeds
small bunch of flat leaf parsley
6 to 8 Kalamata olives
1/4 cup hazelnuts
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of a lemon
I usually cook a big batch of chickpeas (soaked overnight) and have them ready in the fridge resting in their cooking liquid.
1. Wash then cook the lentils in plenty of water with a bay leaf and one or two garlic cloves. Let the lentils cool down in the cooking liquid.
2. Julienne the carrot and courgette and put them in a big mixing bowl.
3. Mix the oil and the lemon juice and add to the julienned veg.
4. Slice up the marinated red pepper, pit the olives and slice them too, thinly slice the red onion, and add them to the bowl.
5. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds, then the sunflower seeds, and let the hazelnuts brown here and there, so you can rub off the skin when they are cooled down.
6. Add well drained chickpeas and lentils to the bowl. Mix.
7. Fold in chopped parsley and the seeds and nuts. Ready to serve. Enjoy!