Lentil and quinoa mix with raw veg of green and red
You will need (feeds 2 to 3):
1/2 cup green lentils, Le Puy
1 bay leaf and 1 clove of garlic
1/3 cup quinoa
1 pointed sweet red pepper
half a dozen cherry tomatoes
half a dozen radishes
half a cucumber
a good handful of young spinach leaves
flat leaf parsley
freshly ground black pepper
juice of a lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the lentils in plenty of water with a bay leaf and the halved garlic. Let it cool in the cooking liquid.
2. Cook the quinoa in double amount of water on low heat with the lid on. Leave the lid on and let it rest for 5 to 7 mins.
3. Peel the cucumber and cut, slice the pepper, halve the tomatoes, quarter the radishes. Put them in a mixing bowl.
4. Drizzle with little olive oil and add lime juice. Mix.
5. Mix in well drained lentils and fluffed-up quinoa. Mix thoroughly.
6. Fold in spinach leaves and parsley (no need to chop, just plucked from the stems).
7. Serve salad into bowls. Top with sliced avocado and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Allergy: No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No nut.
More salad ideas:
Warm chickpea and barley salad
Green chickpea salad
Lentil and chickpea salad
Warm quinoa and lentil salad
Baby spinach salad
Roasted veg couscous salad
Bean and barley salad
Warm lentil and quinoa salad
Warm lentil winter salad