Tasty chicken and broccoli with roasted parsnip
You will need:
2 chicken breast fillets
1 medium head broccoli
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
1+1 tbsp coconut oil
a good pinch of each: oregano, thyme, marjoram
freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
1. Peel and cut the parsnips. Put them in a mixing bowl, drizzle with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Mix well. Arrange seasoned parsnip on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the preheated oven at 190 C for about 25 to 30 mins.
2. Break broccoli into florets and drop them into boiling water for 2 mins. Drain.
3. Cut chicken breast into small pieces, chop the onions.
4. Heat a wide bottomed pan on medium high heat, add chicken breast pieces, cover with a lid immediately, reduce to medium-low heat, and let it cook in its juice for 6 to 8 mins.
5. When most of the juice is evaporated (or absorbed back) turn the heat up to medium-high, add oil, onion, thinly sliced garlic and broccoli florets (halve or quarter the bigger ones), season with oregano, thyme and marjoram, and fry for 3 to 4 mins, tossing with two wooden spatulas.
6. When the chicken and the broccoli pick up some browning, turn the heat off, season with freshly ground black pepper, put the lid back and let it rest for 5 more mins.
7. Serve hot with roasted parsnips.