Mixed fish pate to go with your crackers
You will need:
fish from the home-made fish stock (2 mackerel and 4 sardines e.g.)
2 tbsp home-made soured cream or mayonnaise or 1 medium egg yolk
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 cm fresh ginger
2 tbsp olive oil
a good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
crackers and onion greens, to serve
1. Prepare the fish: break off the heads, fins and tail. Put the rest into a blender (leave the bones in as they are so soft from the long cooking and they will add extra calcium to the pate).
2. Add the soured cream or mayo or the egg yolk, then the lemon juice, roughly chopped onion and garlic, the thinly sliced ginger, then the olive oil and blend until smooth.
3. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Chill for 30 to 45 mins before serving.
5. Serve on crunchy crackers, decorate with onion greens. Enjoy!
Tips: Use mayo or egg yolk for PALEO version. Add few sliced pitted olives or a few whole capers for extra salty taste, OR add finely chopped red onion for texture, OR add fresh chili for a spicy kick. You can mix in finely diced hard boiled egg too, or, crunchy pickles, OR a small raw pepper, even a tomato, finely diced. Celery goes well with the creamed fish too. Explore and experiment!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.