Eggs, avocado, sheep's cheese, carrot julienne and chorizo chips
Animal parade on the breakfast table (vegans, please skip this post). A bit of everything: chicken eggs, sheep's cheese, pork chorizo sausage, and cow's butter ghee. All different textures.
You will need (per person):
half an avocado
3 thin slices of sheep's cheese
2 young carrots
6 to 8 thin chorizo slices (preservative free*)
1 + 1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1. Arrange the chorizo slices in a frying pan and gently fry to crispy on low heat. No need for oil or fat as the chorizo will sweat out it's own fat. Place crispy chorizo slices on a paper towel to catch the extra fat. Set aside.
2. Peel and julienne the carrots. Melt 1 tbsp ghee in a pan (you can use the chorizo pan, just wipe it clean), add the julienned carrots, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Melt the other tbsp ghee in a frying pan and fry the eggs.
4. Halve the avocado. Slice the sheep's cheese.
5. To serve: Place the eggs on a plate, sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, place the halved avocado next to the eggs, drizzle with olive oil, place the cheese slices next to the avocado, pile the julienned carrots between the eggs and cheese slices, finally put the crispy chorizo slices in the middle of the plate. Enjoy!
For PALEO: Omit the sheep's cheese at serving.
*Unearthed Chorizo de Leon INGREDIENTS: Pork, Paprika (2%), Salt, Garlic. Naturally smoked with oak wood it in a traditional way.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.